Meowtel Insurance Terms
Last Updated: November 14, 2022
We are proud to inform you that Meowtel has contracted for its own account and for the benefit of cat owners (“Customers”) and independently-contracted Meowtel cat sitters (“Sitters”) an insurance policy (“Meowtel Insurance”), subject to the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Insurance Terms”) and the other terms of the Meowtel Insurance. The Insurance Terms herein are not exhaustive and in case of any inconsistency, the full terms of the Meowtel Insurance shall govern.
These Insurance Terms apply in addition to our standard terms and conditions located at https://meowtel.com/site/terms (“Meowtel Standard Terms and Conditions”). You must comply with all applicable requirements and conditions set forth in these Insurance Terms to be eligible for Meowtel Insurance.
Customers and Sitters acknowledge that Meowtel may choose to discontinue the Meowtel Insurance at any time at its sole discretion.
The below Meowtel Insurance coverage applies only to losses arising from injury or damage that occurs during the scheduled start and end dates of the applicable Meowtel reservation.
What's Covered For Customers
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Insurance Terms, Meowtel Insurance will cover the following for eligible Customer claimants:
- Any cat listed on a Meowtel reservation while under a Sitter's care, custody, or control.
- Sudden illness, injury, death, theft, or the mysterious disappearance of a cat if any of these were directly caused by a Sitter's actions or negligence and evidence satisfactory to us, in our sole discretion, can be provided.
- Property damage if the damage is directly caused by a Sitter's actions or negligence and evidence satisfactory to us, in our sole discretion, can be provided.
- Property theft if the theft is directly caused by a Sitter's actions or negligence and evidence satisfactory to us, in our sole discretion, can be provided.
What's Covered For Sitters
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Insurance Terms, Meowtel Insurance will cover the following for eligible Sitter complainants:
- Copays for Urgent Care/ER office visits if medical care is required due to a bodily injury directly and proximately caused by a cat or a Customer listed on a Meowtel reservation, for up to 30 days after the incident occurs.
What We Do Not Cover
- Injuries or damage to any human other than the Meowtel Sitter booked during the Meowtel reservation.
- Injuries or damage to any other cat(s) or animals other than the cat(s) listed on the Meowtel reservation.
- Injuries or damage to a Sitter that are caused by his or her own actions, omissions, negligence, or oversight while in a Customer’s home that are unrelated to Sitter’s performing the cat sitting services.
- Injuries or damage to a Customer’s property which was caused by their own cat(s).
- Veterinary care or costs associated with any sudden illness, injury, or death of a cat due to natural causes, a cat’s misbehavior, or a pre-existing medical condition before, during or after a Meowtel reservation ends.
- Any claim arising from cat hosting operations conducted in the Sitter's own home, which is a service type we do not offer. All Sitter services must be performed in the home of the Customer to be eligible for Meowtel Insurance coverage.
- Any incident that may occur during a “Meet and Greet” between a Customer and a Sitter or any other service not applicable to a Meowtel reservation.
- Any incident that may occur during a reservation that was not confirmed and paid for through Meowtel.
- Any cat that is intentionally let outside of the home at any point during the reservation, per the request of the Customer.
- In the case of injury to a cat or Sitter, non-medical expenses.
- Damage, injury or loss due to intentional or criminal acts, including theft, assault or battery.
- Damage, injury, loss, or liabilities arising from a Customer’s refusal to authorize medical care for his or her cat.
- Damage, injury or loss relating to a cat whose ownership or care is prohibited by or subject to registration under any applicable law.
- Damage, injury or other loss arising from a natural disaster or act of nature (including, without limitation, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Sitter and/or Customer).
- Injuries resulting from or from a recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition, Breed-Specific Condition, Chronic Condition, Orthopedic Condition, Undetermined Cause Illness, Preventable Illness or Proptosis.
- Meowtel Insurance will be completely void on a reservation that includes any indoor/outdoor cat, outdoor cats, or feral cats. We do not guarantee the safety or well-being of any cat that is allowed outside the home.
- Meowtel Insurance may be void on any reservation where an individual other than the Customer or Sitter has access to and enters the Customer's home. Accompanied minors who are the children of the Sitter may attend reservation visits only if the Sitter has received written permission from the Customer via the Meowtel Inbox.
- No Meowtel Insurance coverage will apply if a Sitter or Customer relinquishes care, custody, or control of a cat to a third party during the reservation period.
- Meowtel Insurance will not apply if the damage, injury, or loss claims arose, in whole or in part, from conduct from a claimant that violates the Meowtel Standard Terms and Conditions.
- $10,000 per occurrence related to the cat(s).
- $2,000,000 per occurrence related to the Customer’s property.
- A $250 deductible per incident, payable by the Sitter for injury to the Customer’s cat or by the Customer for injury to the Sitter caused by the Customer’s cat. Requests for coverage that do not exceed $250 will not trigger any Meowtel Insurance coverage. All claims are subject to Meowtel Insurance provider’s acceptance and approval and the terms and conditions of our insurance policy. We are not responsible for any denials of claims by our insurance provider.
- The policy limits represent the maximum liability of Meowtel.
How To Report An Incident
- Any incident occurring during a reservation must be reported during the reservation or within 72 hours of the last date listed on the reservation.
- Please call 1-844-MEOWTEL to report an incident. A reservation specialist will be happy to assist you!
- You must promptly provide all necessary information and documentation reasonably requested by Meowtel in order to begin processing any eligible claim. Documentation includes photos, videos, security camera footage with clear timestamps, screenshots of SMS conversations, phone call history, and receipts/invoices.
- In exchange for Meowtel Insurance coverage for a claim, we may require you to sign a settlement agreement, including a release of claims against us.
TO THE EXTENT A CUSTOMER OR SITTER DESIRES PROTECTION BEYOND THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS, THE CUSTOMER OR SITTER MUST PURCHASE INSURANCE IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS PROVIDED HEREIN. A CUSTOMER OR SITTER ONLY HAS RIGHTS UNDER THESE INSURANCE TERMS IF HE OR SHE MEETS THE CONDITIONS OF THESE INSURANCE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICABLE COVERED LOSS WHILE THE INSURANCE TERMS ARE IN EFFECT. THERE ARE NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES TO THESE INSURANCE TERMS OR ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THESE INSURANCE TERMS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MEOWTEL INCLUDING PURSUANT TO THE MEOWTEL INSURANCE POLICY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OPPORTUNITY COSTS OR LOSS OF USE).
44 Tehama St
San Francisco, CA 94105
8am - 6pm PST
Get social with us: