Our Premium Insurance
We are proud to provide each of our independently-contracted Meowtel sitters with insurance coverage. When you make a reservation through Meowtel, your cat(s) will automatically be covered under our insurance policy in the event that things don't go as planned.
Below is a breakdown of our policy's coverage:
GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
- Covers claims for bodily injury to a sitter
- Covers claims for property damage if the damage is directly caused by a sitter's actions or by the cat(s) listed on the reservation and evidence can be provided
ANIMAL BAILEE: CARE, CUSTODY OR CONTROL OF CATS
- Covers for non-owned cats (property of the customer) while under a Meowtel sitter's care, custody or control
- Covers sudden illness, injury, death, theft, and mysterious disappearance of a cat if any of these were directly caused by a sitter's actions and evidence can be provided
- $250 deductible per occurrence, which is covered by the cat owner
WHAT WE DO NOT COVER:
- Injuries or damage to any human other than the Meowtel cat sitter booked during the reservation
- Injuries or damage to any other cat(s) other than the cat(s) listed on the Meowtel reservation
- Veterinary care or costs associated with any sudden illness, injury, or death due to natural causes
- Veterinary care or costs associated with any pre-existing medical conditions
- Veterinary care or costs associated with any sudden illness, injury, or death due to natural causes or a pre-existing medical condition after a Meowtel reservation ends
- Sitting/Hosting operations in the sitter's own home.
- Any incident that may occur during a Meet & Greet
- Any reservation that was not confirmed and paid for through the Meowtel.com platform
- Insurance may be void on any reservation where an individual unrelated to Meowtel has access to and enters the client's home
HOW TO REPORT AN INCIDENT:
- Any incident occurring during a reservation must be reported during the reservation or within 72 hours of the last date listed on the reservation.
- Please call 1-844-MEOWTEL to report an incident. A reservation specialist will be happy to assist you!
- Full documentation must be provided in order to begin processing any eligible money back guarantee or insurance claim.
1601 Elm St. Floor 33
Dallas, TX 75201
9am - 6pm CST
Connect and engage with us in your favorite social networks: