Open Job: Support Specialist - Demand
We are Meowtel.com, the #1 cat sitting app in the U.S. and we’re on a mission to help every cat and cat parent live their best life!
We are looking for self-motivated and pawsitive Support Specialists to join our Demand Team to deliver an exceptional experience to every active member of our community: sitters, customers, and our kitty clients too!
We are a small, dedicated team with a do-er mentality but most importantly...we love cats. We will give preference to candidates based in the Americas, but we’re open to applications from anywhere in the world.
We're a marketplace platform powered by people, so ensuring that we provide excellent and prompt customer support is key to delivering on our purrfect hospitality promise to our entire community. This role is fast-paced, requires a significant amount of multi-tasking, and excellent communication skills are a must.
We're a remote-first team, spanning coast to coast in the US and all the way down to Argentina. We collaborate and work together primarily through Slack, along with several weekly team calls over Zoom. We love emojis, cat GIFs, happy hours ("happy meowers"), and work-life balance. We offer unlimited paid time off and remind one another to take vacations. We treat our own kitties as if they're an extension of the team, with lots of stories and photos being shared on a regular basis.
As a startup, we don't have unlimited resources, but we'll do our best to offer you a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for results-driven bonuses. As we grow, so can you.
- Build relationships with our community members as you support them through our various contact channels (email, live chat, platform chat, 1-844-MEOWTEL).
- Address the needs of our users using clear communication, especially during emergency situations, so that quality solutions can be quickly provided.
- Lead support tickets where you'll be documenting the concern, investigating the issue, and providing expertly-written communications to both parties along the way.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve the Meowtel user experience and internal processes supporting them.
- Demonstrate calmness and professionalism during every interaction and in every communication channel we use.
- Develop and publish customer-related communications, notices, and alerts.
- Support special projects related to the demand-side of the marketplace.
We're looking for Support Specialists who have at least 1 year of experience under their belt and can speak fluent "Google," meaning you use the available resources you have to come up with solid solutions and new ideas.
- You can demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication in English and love to collaborate with teams.
- You are 100% confident with providing meowvelous phone support.
- You have experience using Google Suite, CRMs, databases, and virtual phone systems or can learn these systems quickly.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in customer-facing roles with the ability to listen carefully.
- You have very high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to schedules.
- You are solution-oriented and are ready to implement feedback right away to continue learning and growing.
- You take initiative to get things done, and seek to find solutions with the tools and resources available to you.
- You exhibit a pawsitive attitude and a desire to be a contributing member of the team.
- Bonus points: You are a cat parent or have used Meowtel as a sitter or a customer!
You can expect a hands-on onboarding and training process during your first two weeks followed by on-going support, check-ins, and collaboration. We're building Meowtel to be the leader in cat services, and we want you to grow with us.
This is a remote, full-time position but our preference is for you to be able to work a set schedule that falls between 3am-12am PST to support the US time zones we operate across. Exact schedules that we're looking to fill can be found on the application.
Our compensation package will be competitive for where you live, or where you spend most of your time. We offer unlimited paid time off to all employees and contractors, subject to your manager's approval.
For our full-time employees in the US, you'll be eligible to receive health/dental/vision insurance through United Healthcare and participate in a 401k match.
Applicants outside of the US will be offered a contractor role.
Please submit your application by Sunday, July 31st at 9pm PST. We'll review all applications over the next week and extend interview offers by August 5th. Interviews will take place the 2nd week of August. The first-round interview is a conversation with your future colleagues and manager. Second-round interviews consist of a technical test using our systems and responding to real emails. Third-round interviews consist of a brief conversation with our CEO and Founder.
We'll be in communication with you throughout the process so you know where you stand at all times.
We're an equal opportunity employer and a woman-led company; we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We look forward to reviewing your application!