Open Job: Sitter On-Boarding Specialist (Contract/Part-Time)
We are Meowtel.com, the #1 cat sitting app in the U.S. and we’re on a mission to help every cat and cat parent live their best life!
We are looking for self-motivated and pawsitive Support Specialists to join our Supply Team (sitters!) to deliver an exceptional experience to every applicant and active member of our sitter community.
We are a dedicated team with a do-er mentality but most importantly...we love cats. We will give preference to candidates based in the Americas, but we’re open to applications from anywhere in the world.
We're a marketplace platform powered by people, so ensuring that we on-board the right sitters and fully support them through their Meowtel journey is key to delivering on our purrfect hospitality promise to our customers. This role is fast-paced, requires a significant amount of multi-tasking, and excellent communication skills are a must.
We're a remote-first team, spanning coast to coast in the US and all the way down to Argentina. We collaborate and work together primarily through Slack, along with several weekly team calls over Zoom. We love emojis, cat GIFs, happy hours ("happy meowers"), and work-life balance. We offer unlimited paid time off and remind one another to take vacations. We treat our own kitties as if they're an extension of the team, with lots of stories and photos being shared on a regular basis.
As a startup, we don't have unlimited resources, but we'll do our best to offer you a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for results-driven bonuses. As we grow, so can you.
- Build relationships with our community members as you support them through email and video-conferencing.
- On-board sitters by conducting their activation call.
- Address the needs of our sitters using clear communication.
- Demonstrate calmness and professionalism during every interaction and in every communication channel we use.
- Develop and publish blog posts, sitter-related communications, notices, and alerts.
We're looking for Support Specialists who have at least 1 year of experience under their belt and can speak fluent "Google," meaning you use the available resources you have to come up with solid solutions and new ideas.
- You can demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication in English and love to collaborate with teams.
- You have experience using Google Suite, CRMs, databases, and virtual phone systems or can learn these systems quickly.
- You have experience in customer-facing roles with the ability to listen carefully.
- You have very high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to schedules.
- You are solution-oriented and are ready to implement feedback right away to continue learning and growing.
- You exhibit a pawsitive attitude and a desire to be a contributing member of the team.
- Bonus points: You are a cat parent or have used Meowtel as a sitter or a customer!
You can expect a hands-on onboarding and training process during your first two weeks followed by on-going support, check-ins, and collaboration. We're building Meowtel to be the leader in cat services, and we want you to grow with us.
This is a remote, part-time position (up to 25 hours per week) with a flexible schedule, but our preference is for you to be able to work occasionally on Saturday or Sundays (anytime between 9am-6pm on U.S. time zones).
- Hourly compensation is based on your experience and skills.
- This is a part-time, contract role (up to 25 hours per week).
Please submit your application by Sunday, August 7th at 9pm PST. We'll review all applications over the next week and extend interview offers by August 12th. Interviews will take place in late August. The first-round interview is a conversation with your future colleagues and manager. Second-round interviews consist of a technical test using our systems and responding to real emails. Third-round interviews consist of a brief conversation with our CEO and Founder.
We'll be in communication with you throughout the process so you know where you stand at all times.
We're an equal opportunity employer and a woman-led company; we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We look forward to reviewing your application!