Fit for Service Home Environments
Last Updated: July 21, 2022
Our sitters reserve the right to limit the time spent in a home or cancel a reservation if a home does not meet satisfactory cleanliness, safety, comfort, or wellness standards. These cancellations typically occur after the Meet & Greet if the sitter feels their health or safety could be adversely affected by being in your home, or if they do not feel comfortable with the condition that the cat(s) may be in. We will always notify you if this is the case.
Below are examples of why a sitter could cancel due to health/wellness sensitives or safety issues while in, or while entering, certain home environments:
- Excessive cat dander, hair, or dust
- Excessive litter box/bathroom accidents or cat vomit, particularly in carpeted areas
- Repulsive odors
- Pest or parasite infestations, including fleas
- Extreme indoor temperatures
- Point of entry obstructions caused by overgrown vegetation or insect habitats
- Hoarder homes
- Aggressive cats that attack a sitter through bites or scratches
- The client being in a state of intoxication or demonstrating mentally unwell behavior during the Meet & Greet
- A cat that is showing signs of animal cruelty or abuse, including neglect or severe health concerns
- Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia in the home
- Unannounced home dwellers or visitors, such as Airbnb guests or roommates
If your home is reported to us as unfit for service or if as sitter believes to have encountered an instance of animal cruelty, any Meowtel sitter may alter the visit duration to stay only as long as it takes to complete the critical care tasks (feeding, water refresh, medications, litter box scooping) or cancel the reservation altogether and we reserve the right to not provide service to you in the future.
We want you to have a purrfect experience and that starts with ensuring your home is in a clean and comfortable state for when you meet your sitter at the complimentary Meet & Greet.