Why sit with us?
own rates &
of a cat-loving community!
Our free application consists of 4 steps:
Successful cat sitter applicants on-board with us in about 10-14 days and we accept applications from anywhere in the United States.
Create your accountIt only takes 20 seconds to create your
Meowtel sitter account.
Take the Sitter QuestionnaireWe'll ask a few behavioral questions
to ensure it'll be a great fit.
Complete Your Application & Background CheckThis step usually takes a few days to complete and we'll keep you updated along the way. Two professional references are required to complete your application.
Pass a Sitter Success Quiz & Complete Your Sitter Activation CallYou'll watch a short video about Meowtel best practices and expectations and once you pass the quiz, you'll have the opportunity to schedule a 15-minute call to allow us to get to know you and answer all of your questions.
FAQs for becoming a cat sitter
- How to become a cat sitter?
- Becoming a Meowtel cat sitter is a 4-step process that usually takes 10-14 days. Create your free account, take the sitter questionnaire, complete your application and background check, and then pass a sitter success quiz and complete your sitter activation call.
- How much money does a cat sitter make?
- Cat sitter earnings will vary depending on the sitter's location and experience with cats, including their ability to give medication. The best cat sitters on Meowtel typically earn between $4,000-$6,000 per month. Sitters who cat sit more casually on Meowtel typically earn between $500-$1,000 per month. If a cat sitter has open availability, especially on major holidays, they will be able to maximize their cat sitting earnings.
- Do I need an insurance to become a cat sitter?
- As a Meowtel cat sitter, you are fully insured and bonded; you do not need to have your own cat sitter insurance.
- What do you need to become a cat sitter?
- To become a Meowtel cat sitter, you will need a smartphone and the Meowtel mobile app. We look for relevant cat ownership experience as well as the skills needed to be a successful independent contractor with us, which include professionalism, great time management, excellent communication skills, and a high level of integrity.