Why cat sit with Meowtel?
Our process consists of 4 steps
Create your free accountIt only takes 20 seconds to create your
Meowtel sitter account.
Showcase Your Cat Experience & KnowledgeWe'll ask a few behavioral questions via a case study before you can set up your sitter listing.
Complete Your Listing & Background CheckWe'll contact your references and conduct a background check paid for by Meowtel. Two professional references are required to complete your submission.
Demonstrate You're Ready To Conduct Reservations and Complete Your Sitter Activation CallYou'll watch a short video about Meowtel best practices and expectations in order to set you up for success. Afterwards, you'll have the opportunity to schedule a 15-minute call to allow us to get to know you and answer all of your questions.
FAQs for becoming a cat sitter
- How to become a cat sitter?
- Becoming a Meowtel cat sitter is a 4-step process that usually takes 10-14 days. Create your free account, take the sitter questionnaire, complete your application and background check, and then pass a sitter success quiz and complete your sitter activation call.
- How much money does a cat sitter make?
- Cat sitter earnings will vary depending on the sitter's location and experience with cats, including their ability to give medication. The best cat sitters on Meowtel typically earn between $4,000-$6,000 per month. Sitters who cat sit more casually on Meowtel typically earn between $500-$1,000 per month. If a cat sitter has open availability, especially on major holidays, they will be able to maximize their cat sitting earnings.
- Do I need insurance to become a cat sitter?
- As a Meowtel cat sitter, you are fully insured and bonded; you do not need to have your own cat sitter insurance.
- What do you need to become a cat sitter?
- To become a Meowtel cat sitter, you will need a smartphone and the Meowtel mobile app. We look for relevant cat ownership experience as well as the skills needed to be a successful independent contractor with us, which include professionalism, great time management, excellent communication skills, and a high level of integrity.